Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Holy City of Pushkar.

In Hindu Religion there are three main gods named the holy trinity. Brahma the creator, Vishnu the operator and Shiva the destroyer. It is said that Brahma had no home to call his own or for people to worship to him so he cast out a lotus blossum and where it fell he would call his home. Thus was born the holy Lake Pushkar as from the lotus blossum flowed a great body of water. The city around it is called Pushkar and is renowned as the most holy city in India.

Today I went to Lake Pushkar and sat with a holy man called Ganesh who did Pooja with me. Together we prayed to Brahma and envoked the power of the great lake to bring health, happiness and good fortune to my family, to my friends and to myself.


Together we cast vermillion, rice, sugar, flower, salt, coconut and rose petals into the water and he asked me to say goodbye to the loved one I have lost by asking Brahma to send him forth to a good reincarnation.
As we sat thousands of pidgeons passed over our heads and a cow came and sat by us. This was truely a magical experience for me and I took my time afterwards strolling through town in the soft daze of peaceful reflection.


I have just had a massage and a shower and sit here writing this so I will never forget this wonderful feeling of complete harmony.
This is a very special place and I feel as if I was meant to come here.

Yeah I know this is a cheesy photo but its the best I have !

No comments:

Post a Comment