Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Photos from the Jungle

Lush jungle


Pirhana fishing

Herons taking flight





The upper canopy



Tarzan vines! Aa-a-a-a-a-a-a-a--a!!!






Getting tribal with the local yagua people.




Senior Anaconda from the sharp end! (hes about 4 meters long and about 30 cm´s thick)



Super chilled three toed sloth





Grizzly with a tame toucan



Mother nature strutting her stuff



Well I finally found a computer that allows me to upload pictures from my camera huzzah! This is a very difficult task as I took over 400 photos whilst in the Amazon and all of them have some meaning or beauty or story. The other problem is that today is my adjustment to altitude day so im a bit tired and struggling to maintain any form of mental focus. I got very lost in Cuzco city today which was quite terrifying because there was a huge parade in town and thousandsa of people everwhere and no way of knowing where I was. I am now safe and sound and know where I am! Phew!







So The Amaxon... WoW! What an adventure it was! We flew to Iquitos a Peruvian port city and then carried on via speed boat for around an hour then swapped to a lesser motorised boat and traveled another 2 hours or so geting out to pass through villages and change boats until we arrived at our very secluded lodge in the heart of the jungle- Ot had basic amenities like a roof and floors, mozzie net walls and beer. basically all you need really no electricity or fresh water.. We ate a diet of rice, beans, fish and fruit (which was really wonderful and felt fantastic!)



Heres the lodge
I have been travelling these last few days with 2 great aussie guys called Peter and John from Bowral and Byron Bay and we have become pretty good mates along the way. I think we shared something very special together in that jungle. Something I hope I will never forget! Oh by the way, I swam in that water in front of th lodge



. The boys decided to go swimming and didnt think i would come being a girl and all - so i donned a tshirt and a pair of knickers and in I went only to experience the rather odd sensation of having a prihana swim up my shirt!! ARRGGHHH! No biteys though. Phew!
Here we are together, John in front of me and Pete behind exploring the Jungle via canoe using a machete to make our way through the vines! What a glorious adventure we had! Grizzly unfortunately couldnt do lots of the small boating outings in the jungle as his back wasnt permitting but he was off pirhana fishing with our guide.


Some stunning vistas








and some local wildlife!
Spider monkey


and Ignuana below (took me ages to see this guy in the trees!)


My new boyfriend Mr Monkey. He just jumped up on my and wouldnt let go! He was really lovelly and had a good play with the camera which he found really fascinating.



Ok im way to tired and sick of squinting at this litttle computer screen to tell you all the stories or put these pictures in order but check them out and I´ll fill in the blanks in a few weeks.


Buenos Noches!

Oh thats a snake that Pete decided to poke (yes with his finger - bloody boys!) and below a tree frog on the door to my room at the lodge.

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic Nadz!! I love the photos and really enjoying your commentary. I think I am living vicariously through other people's travel at the moment!! LOL Keep having fun Chickie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you´re enjoying it hun! So much more has happened its impossible to tell it all on here. FYI not sure if its hit the news in Aus but there is some serious civil unrest going on in Peru as the government has just done a huge land grab to build a new Gas station and the native people are revolting. It will effect us a little bit as there are mass transport strikes but fortunately the day after tomorrow in early morning we start hiking the Inca trail and so won´t be anywhere near all the problems when they happen and so will be nice and safe! Sweet as!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omigod! i can't beleive you saw a sloth! i was trying *so hard* to see a sloth while i was gone- you lucky duffer you! nice shot of the anaconda too!

    ReplyDelete