Monday, June 1, 2009

Day 2 again Santiago Chile

Buenos Noches Seniors and Senioritas!

We made it to Chile! It was a bloody long flight and praise be to the gods that we scored emergency exit row seats! 12 hours is an awful long ime on a plane!

We arrived in Chile around miday (something like 2am perth time) and were collected at the airport by our Muchos fantastiko guide - the ruggedly handsome - Pablo who gave us a short tour of the city before dropping us off at our hotel to pass out. And indeed , pass out we did!

Woke up around 6pm and have been for a little wander around and had a divinee meal served by some very patient and considerate wait staff.

Hilariously, despite my complete inability to speak Spannish people here seem to think I am ethnic enough to communicate more effectively with me than with Grizzly who gets put out that everyone addresses me first and the wait staff expect me to order his meals and bring me the cheque. *chuckle snort*

i havn´t had much time to explore yet, but from what I´ve seen so far I totally dig this place! The people are friendly, the lifestyle is lovely and the mountains everywhere are just breath taking.

Pablo tells me it only costs around $40,000 US to buy an apartment in the downtown area of Santiago (its quite lovely downtown) and he has me seriously considering the possibility of living here! (Not yet though, don´t worry)

Tomorrow we ave a full day of exploring the countryside vinyards (hells yeah!) so I should finaly have some pictures to share.

Anywhos - we have arrived safely if not completely exhausted and the holiday part pretty much starts in the morning.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you have arrived safely and looking forward to pics and the ongoing adventures of Nadz and the Grizzly!! That sounds like a good title for a book!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you move to santiago, i'm coming.

    (it's max, incidently, just in case you were wondering who your madkeen stalker was).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thanks max, I have so many stalkers these days its so hard for me to keep up! hehe

    Moving to Chile for a year or so is definately an option for future. This `ñace is mui bueno!

    ReplyDelete